SUBMIT YOUR VIDEOS FOR EPISODE 4 BY 9 AM, FRIDAY MAY 29
Watch the episode on Thursday, June 4, to know if you're starring in Home Dancer on Disney+ Hotstar
Pro Tip: There are two episodes per week. Send multiple videos, and increase your chances of winning.
Click here for more information
Record your entries in horizontal mode only.
Theme : #FLASHBACK
Flashback to the golden years! Pick your favourite song, dress up in your 90’s best, and get grooving to these all time favourites.
15 songs to choose from:
Please use songs only from the list below. No other versions will be accepted
What is Home Dancer?
Home Dancer is a home-based digital dance reality Contest, where Participant(s) can upload and submit their dance videos shot at home, performed to a song chosen from a list and theme specified on the Microsite. Best performers stand a chance to win exciting cash prizes. There will be 2 contest cycles that will start every week across the 5 week contest period. A new cycle will open for entry-submission on every Friday, 9:00 AM and Tuesday, 9:00 AM. Please note that theme and song list will remain the same for two contest cycles starting in the week. Entries received in each of the two cycles (Fri-Tue) & (Tues -Fri) will be considered for the episodes published on Home Dancer in the following week i.e. Monday and Thursday respectively. This pattern will be followed in all the cycles.
Who is eligible to participate in the contest?
Any person who is a citizen and resident of India and who meets the eligibility criteria set out in the Terms and Conditions of the Contest can be the main participant in the Contest. In case, a minor is participating/performing, we would also need the parental consent. This contest is for anyone who enjoys dancing - professional or non-professional.
How can I participate in the competition?
Participating is super easy! Just 5 quick steps:
1. On Disney+ Hotstar App, search for Home Dancer and click on Participate Now button to reach the microsite, where you will be submitting the video. The link to microsite is also present on our Social Media pages. For best experience, access the site via mobile.
2. On the microsite, theme of the week and the song list will be announced every Friday, 9:00 AM. Select a song from the list, follow the theme and record your dance video. (Solo/group performances - both are allowed). This theme will be applicable to both the contest cycles in the week. Please submit your entries by the respective episode deadlines to be eligible for contesting.
3. Enter your personal details, click a selfie (ensure that your selfie is a clear picture) accept the Terms and Conditions of the Contest and/or parental consent (in case the participant(s) is below the age of majority as per applicable laws of India or if a minor is a part of your group performance).
4. Upload your dance video along with your personal details as per the Do's and Don'ts (detailed in Question no. 06 of this document).
5. Click on Submit. Voila! You are done! Please note, the selected entries from each of the two cycles (Fri - Tues) & (Tue - Fri) will appear in the episodes published on Home Dancer in the following week i.e. Monday and Thursday.
Only after doing the above, your entry will be considered as complete and valid.
How will you choose the winners?
Of all the entries received in a contest cycle, entries which meet the requirements of a valid and eligible video will be scored by the judges. The judges will shortlist the best performances, which will be put up on the platform in an episode in the subsequent week. Each of the selected entries in the episode will be open for public voting. Top 3 entries receiving the maximum votes in an episode will be eligible to win the Prizes. There will be 30 winners across 10 contest cycles in the season!
Please note that Prize fulfilment is subject to successful verification of the KYC documents and eligibility requirements detailed in the Terms & Conditions.
What are the timelines for: Entry Submission, Episodes and Voting?
Please follow the Home Dancer page for all the updates regarding the theme, submission, and voting timelines. Dates can change without prior notice, in any such event, new dates will be communicated to the participants on the Contest page.
What is the prize amount?
Depending on the number of votes, the top 3 winners of a contest cycle are eligible to win INR 1,00,000, INR 60,000 and INR 40,000 respectively.
All Prize money shall be disbursed after deduction of Taxes upfront as per the tax rates prevalent at the time of disbursements under applicable law.
What are the DOs and DON'Ts for creating a performance video?
1. The duration of the video should be between 60 to 90 seconds
2. The videos should be shot in landscape mode only
3. The videos should be based on songs from the week's library (this list will be uploaded on the Microsite) and as per the theme for the week
4. Shoot the video on your phone with resolution 1280x720 and above
5. Keep the camera / phone on a steady surface or static position to ensure that the video is not shaky / unstable.
6. Shoot the video against a clean and uncluttered background
7. There should be a buffer of 3-5 five seconds at the beginning and at the end of the video. This is to ensure that your entire performance from start to end gets captured and submitted
8. Please make sure the video is well lit and not dark or bleached out due to lack of / or excessive light.
9. Please use the default camera of your phone to shoot
10. Video must be shot in your house/adjoining areas (terrace, balcony, verandah etc) or at a private area
11. Ensure appropriateness of costume and dance moves especially for children
12. Maintain proper decorum like no shoes, no revealing clothes, no obscenity, if performing in front of a deity
1. Do not use any other app/filters/effects to shoot your video. Videos with watermarks/ logos will result in rejection.
2. Videos recorded in slow motion or using any film making effects will be rejected.
3. Videos shot by violating lockdown / social distancing rules will be rejected.
4. Obscene or profane performances will be disqualified.
5. Strictly avoid using objects of religious/national importance in the video. (weapons, Indian National Flag, National Emblem, Religious Imagery etc.)
Platform’s decision on shortlisted contestants and the final winners will be final and binding.
How many people can perform in a video?
You may dance solo or in a group, just abide by the lockdown and social distancing rules applicable in your area.
How many entries are allowed per user?
One user can submit more than one entry in a week, provided you choose to dance on a different song in multiple videos. Do not share multiple versions of the same song. However, only one entry per participant (if selected by the judges) will make it to the next week's episode.
I participated in one week but I didn't win. Can I try again in the following weeks?
Yes, you can participate multiple times in the future contest cycles.
On what parameters will my performance get judged?
Your performance will be judged on your enthusiasm, creative use of the theme, dance performance and entertainment that you bring!
How will I know if I am selected in top 10?
If you make it to the Top 10, your performance will be a part of one of the two episodes in the next week. The shortlisted Participants will also be contacted by team Disney+ Hotstar via email.
Where can I vote for a contestant and when?
The voting window will open on the Home Dancer page of Disney+ Hotstar App for 36 hours as per the time set out in Question 5.
How many votes are allowed per user?
One user can vote up to 50 times per day of the voting period. You can distribute these votes across 1 or more of your favourite Participants in an episode. You need to be registered user on Disney+ Hotstar
How will I know if I am a winner?
Winner of an episode will be announced in the following episode along with announcements on social media. The winner will also be contacted by team Hotstar via email.
If I win, how will I get my prize?
Prize money will be paid within 45 days of receipt of all relevant valid documents. All Prize money shall be disbursed after deduction of Taxes upfront as per the tax rates prevalent at the time of disbursements under applicable law.
Disbursement of Prize money is subject to successful verification of KYC documents and validation by an independent third party.
Do I have to declare my personal details like bank account? Is it safe?
Your details will be used solely for the purpose of administrating the Contest and contact you if you are selected as a winner.
We understand the importance of safeguarding our users’ personal and critical information and ensure on reasonable commercial efforts basis that any third party that we engage with complies with the same or higher, security standards as us for the protection of your Information and Data.
What if there is a tie?
In case of a tie, judges decision will be final.
Are there any charges for participating?
No, you do not have to pay anything to participate.
Do I need to buy a Hotstar subscription to be eligible to participate?
Can my entry get disqualified? If yes, what can lead to disqualification?
Using a song which is not a part of the week's music library, clubbing two songs, using different versions of the song, not following the theme, using filters/external apps, bad lighting, movement in camera, logo presence of the video etc. can lead to disqualification.
All video entries will be subject to moderation. We have absolute discretion to accept or reject any video entry and to remove any video entry already accepted without giving reasons for the decision. We may, in particular, disqualify any video entry for the following reasons:
(a) inclusion of defamatory or malicious content;
(b) inclusion of content in video entries to which someone else owns the copyright or other intellectual property rights, such as music, singing, trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, sculpture, posters, pictures, photographs or other artwork, music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programmes, or films made by other users, without the requisite authorisations;
(c) inappropriate and profane costumes and dance moves, especially for kids
(d) disrespecting religious sentiments
Entries may also get disqualified as set out in the contest terms and conditions.
How can a Participant submit query / complaint or give feedback about the Contest?
You can reach out to us at Hello@hotstar.com
Who will be responsible for the Participants not being able to submit their entries due to technical or other issues faced on the Contest?
The Company will not be responsible for any break or disconnection or disruption in network connectivity in any manner, irrespective of the network being used. Network issues can disrupt various aspects of the Contest such as submission of entries, error in uploading the videos, etc. The Participant is advised to remain in an area with a strong and stable/ continuous mobile network signal of the telecom operator or internet service provider or refresh the Microsite to ensure smooth functioning.
Also any loss or outrage or dissatisfaction suffered by the course of participating in the Contest by a Participant would not be the responsibility of the Company and/or its associates/ affiliates and the Company or its associates/affiliates will not be responsible to make good any such loss or dissatisfaction
What if the number / other details submitted by me is incorrect?
In case you are eligible to win the Prize Money, the Company will contact you on your phone number / email ID. Failure to contact you may lead to forfeiture of your Prize Money.
Is the submission of PAN mandatory?
The Company will verify your identify proof and age proof as a part of the KYC process. Submitting a PAN is not mandatory to claim the Prize. However, you may not be able to claim your TDS credit in absence of a PAN